Saturday, March 4, 2017

Taking The Hit

If you were ever a Boy Scout or Girl Scout, you got the indoctrination to be prepared for anything. I thought were talking about camping and making sure that you didn't forget the mosquito repellent, but now I see the larger implications.
Although I have often made fun of my Dad and his clipboard checklists for every little outing, I see how there is comfort in being ready for the unexpected. Truth is, no matter what you do, something can change all that, but at least you can be ready. In my mind, it goes back to us kids playing Monopoly and trying to make sure we had enough money to handle it if we landed on Boardwalk with a couple of hotels on it. We referred to it as "how many hits we could take". Nobody could be positive they would win, no matter what strategy they used, but the guy that could take a hit and keep going was someone to look up to. I've done it once in real life and the feeling was incredible. I felt positive, strong, and ready to take on the world. I can see those hotels on Boardwalk up ahead and I will own them someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment